Scott Freeman, Culinary Director for ESS Defence, Marine & Aerospace, has been honoured at the prestigious Craft Guild of Chefs Awards where he won the Public Sector Catering Chef Award.
After cooking his way round the world in his early career, Scott went on to teach in hospitality education. He started working with Compass to develop its Chef Apprenticeship Academy and took on the role of Executive Chef for ESS Government Services before being promoted to Culinary Director for ESS Defence, Marine & Aerospace. As well as leading the culinary direction of the sector, Scott is passionate about sustainability, health and wellbeing and supporting the development of his fellow chefs at all levels.
The event took place on 1st June at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, London.
ESS had a further two chefs shortlisted for an award:
- David Hearn, Chef Manager for ESS Energy– Contract Catering Chef Award
- Tony Murphy, Executive Chef for ESS Government Services – Public Sector Catering Chef Award
Three other Compass Group UK & Ireland were recognised:
- Wayne Corbett, an Executive Chef for 14forty - Contract Catering Chef Award
- Ian Page, Executive Chef for Payne & Gunter - Banqueting & Events Chef Award
- Darren Passmore, Executive Head Chef within Restaurant Associates – Culinary Hero
Nick Vadis, Culinary Director of Compass Group UK & Ireland, commented: “Our chefs are what makes us special and we are lucky to have so many within our business that demonstrate quality, experience, dedication and passion. These awards have recognised four of our very best – a huge congratulations to Scott, Wayne, Darren and Ian. They work tirelessly each day and are a true inspiration to our sector.”