The ESS Energy team are preparing and delivering over 4,000 meals for charities supporting those in need this Christmas. Led by Graham Singer, Culinary Director for ESS Energy and Compass Scotland, the volunteers are preparing a selection of meals comprising:
- Aberdeen Angus roast beef, new potatoes, roasted parsnips and carrots
- Scottish roast chicken, bacon wrapped sausages, roasted root vegetables and mashed potatoes
- Macaroni cheese with minted peas
- Sausage and bacon casserole with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables
- Madras chicken curry with pilau rice
Recipients will be given a meal pack containing each of the dishes that will feed them for several days over Christmas.
The team are also providing a range of hampers containing Christmas confectionary, festive selection boxes and essential non-food items.
The initiative is being supported by donations from ESS supply partners Benzies of Turriff and Lomond Fine Foods.
Graham and the volunteers are proud to be able to help with the fantastic work of the following organisations this Christmas:
- Bo’Ness Food Pantry – A community food pantry that accepts donations from local businesses and individuals which a network of volunteers distributes in food parcels around the local community.
- Sacro – A Scottish community justice organisation which works to deliver life-changing services that empower people, give hope and protection, and help to build safe communities.
- Stonehaven Fetteresso Church – A parish church supporting the community of Stonehaven.
“It’s a privilege for us to provide these meals and treats for people who may be finding things difficult this Christmas. The community organisations we’re supporting do such valuable work and we’re delighted that we can play our part. Thanks to all the volunteers and suppliers who are supporting us this week – your generosity is greatly appreciated.”