ESS took home three titles at the Contract Catering Awards 2023:
Contract Caterer of the Year - ESS
ESS was recognised for strong sales growth, providing industry-leading support for its people, its commitment to working collaboratively with clients and a variety of strategies for operating more sustainably.
Exec Chef of the Year - Tony Murphy
Tony Murphy is the Executive Chef for the Government Services sector of ESS. He oversees the culinary operations for over 100 sites across central government, police and secure environments.
Over the past year, Tony has delivered an impressive array of projects to enhance the workplace experience for our customers, including:
- Developing and implementing a centrally managed food offer across Government Services
- Mobilising and operating complex catering operations for HS2
- Enhancing the food offer in new and existing police contracts
- Leading the catering service for Thames Valley Police and MOD Whitehall in support of the mourning period and funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Mentoring and supporting at the Culinary World Cup 2022.
Rising Star Award - Izabela Ginter
Izabela Ginter is a Sous Chef for the Energy sector of ESS. She joined the company as a cleaner before moving into the catering team and has since progressed quickly through a variety of roles.
As well as performing exceptionally in her day-job, Izabela has achieved a variety of career accolades, including:
- Being selected for an internship with two Michelin-starred chef Stevie McLaughlin
- Supporting the Compass UK&I team at the Culinary World Cup 2022
- Taking part in the Compass Group Global Conference
- Playing a key role in the COP26 catering team
- Being named Master Chefs of Great Britain Rising Star in 2021
- Winning Compass Young Chef of the Year in 2020
- Winning medals at Salon Culinaire in 2019 and 2022.